Jim Jackson established Electronic Realty Associates, Inc. seeing the potential for not only selling property but also capitalizing on the fresh territory of technology. This vision was reflected on ERA’s name. Selling properties using the fax machine long before it became a household word.
ERA® system’s growth was dramatic, with member brokers in all 50 states.
Commercial Credit Corp. (a subsidiary of Control Data Corp.) purchased ERA Real Estate, thus connecting it to the world of financial services and further establishing it in the technology industry. The same year, the ERA® system went international with the opening of ERA Japan. This was the first step in an ongoing expansion that currently embraces ERA® operations in 28 other countries and territories, where, as in Japan now, the ERA® franchise often rises to be the top real estate company.
ERA Real Estate was purchased by IMB Capital, further enhancing the stature of the brand. But landmark business achievements have never been the only way that the ERA® system measures success. The community has more than one meaning for ERA Real Estate. Just as the company has built its business from the local neighborhood to the global village, it has also built a reputation of being a good neighbor to those in need.
Marked the introduction of top training programs and ongoing awards for customer service, which help the company maintain the best-trained Sales Associates, the most satisfied customers, and the greatest business growth.
The company updated its image, while preserving its proven strategies and services, with a new logo and marketing look.
Brenda W. Casserly became ERA® President & COO, the first woman to lead a major real estate franchise network. The airwaves were alive with the ERA® message, as the system sponsored the popular nationally syndicated financial-advice radio show, “The Dolans.” Services expanded into other crucial areas of the real estate transaction with the launch of ERA Mortgage. And ERA Real Estate achieved a 62 percent increase in core franchise sales for 2001, one of the most challenging years for both the nation and its businesses.
ERA Middle East & North Africa was established as a Joint Stock company in the United Arab Emirates. ERA MENA became the exclusive franchisor of ERA Trademark in the Middle East & North Africa. ERA started operating in Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as a Joint Stock Company under the legal name of “Insight for Real Estate Smart Solutions” in Maadi, and became the master franchisor of ERA Real Estate Trademark in Egypt.
The Cendant Corporation’s Real Estate Services Division became a standalone, publicly traded company operating under the name Realogy Corporation. Realogy is one of the pre-eminent and most integrated providers of real estate services in the world, and ERA Real Estate intends to fully utilize all the advantages Realogy provides in its size and scope.
ERA unveiled the “ERA Powered” program, which provides regional firms with access to the resources of a global brand while allowing them to retain their strong local identity. ERA also added larger brokers to its network under Young’s tenure with five of its six largest affiliates signing up with the brand since 2009. ERA expanded in Egypt opening several new branches.
New Logo, image, and marketing material.
5 new territories joined ERA this year: Kosovo, Montenegro, Albania, Malta, and Cyprus.
ERA became a global leader in the residential real estate industry for more than 40 years. ERA Real Estate network includes 40,000 affiliated brokers and independent sales associates with approximately 2,300 offices throughout the United States and 34 other countries and territories.ERA Franchise Systems, LLC, which operates the ERA Real Estate system, is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global provider of real estate services.
ERA's Franchise Network
A FOOTPRINT GROWING AROUND THE WORLD.
ERA Real Estate has 2,238 offices worldwide spreading over 33 countries with more than 23,000 agents worldwide. ERA Global Offices are in America, Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe, and the Middle East. Check ERA’s Gobal Offices information at ERA’s global website era.com.
Towards Building Strong Partnerships...
Enhance the Egyptian market business conditions to market operators, by adding value to ERA employees through development and training, in order to improve the real estate sector business conditions for market operators, ERA clients, and community, accordingly achieving the highest profit to ERA shareholders.
Outsourcing real estate experts verified by ERA Egypt to minimize business challenges and risk given the current dynamic market conditions.
ERA Egypt's Business Edge
ERA’s Core Values
- Provide and maintain a healthy working environment for ERA’s employees at all times.
- Commit and expand ERA’s partnership value to include shareholders, employees, and clients.
- Act with integrity and honesty to promote real estate knowledge to ERA’s partners.
- Take part in social responsibility towards the Egyptian community to build a healthy and educated society.
- ERA Egypt’s market knowledge and expertise provide creative and decisive business solutions to overcome most business challenges in the real estate sector.
- ERA Egypt acts in the Egyptian market through the history, quality, and standards of the international and trusted trademark of ERA Real Estate.
- ERA Egypt’s wide track record and success stories – with international and local partners in long term business models – and sustainability show the size of trust in ERA Egypt.
- ERA Egypt invests long in its employees and build distinguished professional personnel, trustworthy to overcome most of business challenges.
- ERA Egypt’s strong and verified wide partnerships with international businesses, governmental institutions, networks, and connections enables it to widen its scope of business and connect its clients to verified business providers.